Terms and conditions of participation
- Participation in the competition "20things that happened on the Internet in 2012" is subject to the following terms and conditions. By entering the
competition, participants accept these terms and conditions as binding. The promoter of the competition is SYZYGY AG, Im Atzelnest 3, 61352 Bad Homburg,
Germany (hereinafter referred to as "SYZYGY").
- To enter the competition, participants are required to share a link to the promotion website (www.syzygy.net/20things) on Twitter.com using the hashtag
#20things during the promotion period.
- The promotion period will begin when the promotion website goes live and end at midnight (24:00 CET) on Friday, 8 February 2013. Participants who do not
post the link on Twitter.com until after the promotion period has ended will not be entered in the competition.
- The competition is only available online and is open to all.
- All participants who post the link on Twitter.com during the promotion period will be entered
into a draw for a total of 50 "20things" prints. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter. To receive their prize, winners must provide their name and full address details to
SYZYGY within 14 days of notification.
- All information provided by participants in the course of the promotion will be deleted at the end of the promotion and will not be used by SYZYGY or its
subsidiaries for any purpose other than the running of this promotion unless specifically agreed otherwise by the respective participants.
- The winners agree to their names being published on the competition website and on Twitter.
- SYZYGY reserves the right to supplement or amend these terms and conditions of participation if there are important grounds for doing so and subject to a
reasonable notice period. In particular, it may be necessary or expedient to supplement or amend the terms and conditions of participation in order to prevent misuse.
- SYZYGY also reserves the right to supplement or amend these terms and conditions of participation if necessary or expedient in order to make its procedures simpler and/or more secure.
- Any changes to these terms and conditions of participation will be published on the competition website.
- The promoter's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If any term, clause or provision hereof is held invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other term, clause or provision.
- These terms and conditions are governed exclusively by German law.
Protecting your privacy is important to us. By using this website, you agree to the collection and processing of your data as described in the following. To keep you
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files that are stored
on your computer, to enable the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by cookies on this website by you (including your IP address) will
be transmitted to and stored at Google's servers in the United States. Google will use this information in order to trace and examine your use of the website, compiling
reports on the activities of the website for operators of the website and provide other services related to the activities of the website and use of the Internet.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where this is required by law or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
but this could prevent you to use all the features of this website. By using this website, you consent to the processing of your data from Google in the manner and purposes above.
Collecting and processing personal data
We will not collect any other personal data such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address unless you provide this information voluntarily, e.g., when placing an
online order for a product or service or a request for information. We will use your personal data exclusively for the technical administration of the website and to meet your wishes
and requests. Only in cases in which you have given us prior consent do we also use this data for marketing purposes, but only to the extent needed in each specific case. We will
not disclose any data to third parties except where required by law.
Personal data collected during a visit to our website is processed exclusively in accordance with the legal provisions.
Links to other websites
Our website includes links to other sites, for example partners and clients. We don't control and aren't responsible for the privacy policies or data collection policies of these
sites, which may differ from ours.